August 10, 2023
7 reasons why The ANJELMS Project pieces are a good investment
- Our fabric is hand spun and hand loomed which means that the natural weave of the fabric is ideal for breathability. We make our clothes exclusively using natural fibres of cotton and silk, because putting synthetic fabric on your skin is like wearing a plastic bag. Natural fibres ensure the ultimate comfort, and durability for everyday wear, and across all seasons.
- The inks and Natural Plant Dyes that we use are Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) Certified, which is a world-wide recognised requirement for organic textiles. From the harvesting of the raw materials, environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing to labelling, textiles certified to GOTS provide a credible assurance to the consumer. This also means that our garments hypoallergenic, so they are perfect for anyone with sensitive skin, as there are no synthetic dyes or fabric in any of our products.
- Our prints are designed in Fremantle by Madeleine Beech, Gaelle’s daughter, or in collaboration with local emerging visual artists. This promises a unique garment that celebrates individuality. You are supporting a local, independent and small business, and keep creative industries moving in a post Covid environment, when they need it the most.
- We nurture the traditional craft of block-printing, a textile based skill with so much cultural heritage. Being able to empower communities to keep this craft alive, and the livelihoods of its members, is the main reason we do what we do.
- Each of our garments are signed by the people who have had a hand in making them. Like works of art, we believe in celebrating craft and are committed to transparency in our production. As a customer, this is a guarantee that you are making a more conscious purchase.
- We celebrate colours. The shapes of our garments are timeless and classic. They can be updated each season with a new print or colour so there is no better way to keep your ethical wardrobe fresh all year around and for years to come!
We are a small WA business trying to create positive change, so by buying from us you are supporting both local creatives here in Perth and communities in Pushkar ensuring that they can keep living and working comfortably.
Images by Raquel Aranda